Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Welcome Little One" Layout

     Happy New Year! I'm so excited for what this new year will bring! I have a few New Years resolutions but my main one is to get closer to God. I was raised in a Pentecostal church but I've never had a real close and personal relationship with God. I also want to be an example to my children. I want them to love God and worship him and know God's eternal love and how awesome He is! Please pray for our family so that we may find a church close to our home where we can fellowship. Our family needs it!
      I was looking through my stack of pictures and was ecstatic to find my son's (my first born ♥)hospital newborn picture. I can't believe that he is 12 years old- how time flies! I remember how nervous I was when I took him home. I was totally clueless as to how to take care of him but thankfully I had my mom and mother-in-law to help me every step of the way. My mother -in-law passed away 5 years ago....I miss her so much. She was an awesome woman and a wonderful grandmother. :(
    Here's my layout (sorry for the bad picture. I can't seem to get take a better pic)-


For this layout I used my new Simply Charmed cartridge for all my cuts, Bazzill cardstock and the green patterned paper is from K&Co and a few buttons I had in my stash.  The colors look much better irl but I think this page turned out so cute. I still need to add some journaling and then it will be pretty much complete. I love how it turned out. I don't scrapbook much (another one of my resolutions is to scrapbook more!) so I thought I did a good job considering how I usually struggle when I scrapbook.
     I also made a matching card using the same cardstock and patterned paper and Papertrey Ink Stamps from the Daily Designs Sentiments set...
I'm also working on Valentine's day cards that I sell a local bookstore here in VA. I thought I'd get a head start. Once I'm done with those I'll be sure to let you take a peek. Thanks for visiting my blog today. I wish you all much success and happiness throughout the New Year and May God Bless You.
xoxo~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment